Yoga has proven benefits for people of all shapes and sizes. But sometimes it can be a real drag to try out yoga among the hip, pretzel scene.
This course was created for everyone who contacted me about wanting a yoga practice for your body–the one you have today that carries you through your day, picks up kids after school, navigates an old illness or injury and offers a warm ear to a friend.
~Marianne Elliott (Marianne-Elliott.com)
After AG’s yoga-themed guest post the other day, what did I find in my inbox? Class info for 30 Days of Curvy Yoga! It’s hosted by Marianne Elliot with Anna Guest-Jelley (of Curvy Yoga). I have mentioned Ms. Guest-Jelley a few times before here: Curvefest, the holiday HAES workshop, & the HAES master class. The timing seemed fortuitous, so I’m sharing.
Registration is open now & class begins Oct. 7. You can sign-up for a one time payment of $175 or spread it out with $40 weekly payments for five weeks.
Since I know you are wondering what you get for the money, I c+p this bullet list from the site! (Of course the page is full of more information on the class, the teachers, their practices, & plenty of fan blurbs.)
What is 30 days of yoga?
It’s a unique online yoga course that brings the benefits of a yoga class (access to your teacher and connection to a yoga community) into your own home. The course includes:
- A 45 minute ‘Rock Your Curves’ yoga practice. You download the practice to play on your computer or iPod and can keep it once the course is finished;
- Additional weekly practices to complement your ‘Rock Your Curves’ practice including a pranayama (breathing) and a meditation on being kinder to ourselves.
- Weekly live calls where Anna and Marianne will share additional gentle practices and answer your questions about your yoga practice or about yoga generally.
- Daily emails from me throughout the 30 days addressing the main challenges people face in establishing a regular home yoga practice, with practical tips and gentle encouragement to help you overcome them.
- Access to a private course site where you’ll be able to access all the lessons and resources of the course.
- Optional membership of a private 30 Days of Curvy Yoga Facebook group for support and encouragement
- The option of being allocated an online 30 days of yoga buddy for encouragement and accountability. This really helps many people with their commitment to the practice;
- An e-book containing all the written materials from the course.
There is also the option to purchase extended coaching & you can sign-up to be notified of the next time it’s offered if you can’t make the class this time.
If you participate, report back & let us know how it went!