“If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together…there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think, but the most important thing is, even if we’re apart…I’ll always be with you.”
~Winnie the Pooh (aka A.A. Milne)~
So, it’s Thursday Things day, & I had my Weight Watchers meeting today, but most of my day was spent on Facebook & in emails & texts about our friend. We got funeral info today & since most of us are pretty broke, trying to figure out how, or even if, we could send flowers.
Arrangements have been made. None of us can travel to the funeral, but a lovely floral plant is being sent. It took some doing, particularly considering all the names to go on the card, but we finally came up with an appropriate message that fit within the 230 character limit. What monster would put a character limit on the written expression of our grief?? Bastards! But I digress.
So, sans the the brain power to put together an actual list with pics & links, I present to you a list of things I thought I might write about tonight. Some topics will surely be used in the future.
1. What To Do When Your Friend Dies (or Things To Remember When Grieving)
2. Why This Isn’t A Weight Loss Blog, Even If I Am Trying To Lose Weight (This is a point I’d really like to address.)
3. Why I’m Afraid Weight Watchers Might Be A Cult (very tongue in cheek of course, based on the obsessiveness of some WW fangirls)
4. Why I Will Miss My Friend (emotionally not ready for this one yet. Feeling a little shut down.)
5. Fun Things I Want To Do (I want to learn to Salsa dance & surf & run a 5K or something.)
6. Things I Want To Eat (This came to me while I was thinking about being hungry, but there is nothing here I want to eat. Pie would be awesome or cake. Or pizza. Or turkey.)
7. Reasons Why I Want To Be More Fit & Healthy (Sadly, for some, wearing Daisy Dukes would not be on this list.)
8. Movie Pitches For SyFy (You know one of them has to involve that new species of crawdad they found in Tennessee.)
9. Guests I Want On My Imaginary Late Night Talk Show (I’m getting Toad The West Sprocket for my houseband & I’m not taking no for an answer!)
10. Why Pants Are Overrated (so many reasons…)
11. Things That Are Overrated. (Pants are #1)
& to make it an even dozen…
12. The Best Dipping Sauces For Deep-fried Babies (I’m a big fan of a smokey bbq myself.)