“I don’t like standing near the edge of a platform when an express train is passing through. I like to stand right back and if possible get a pillar between me and the train. I don’t like to stand by the side of a ship and look down into the water. A second’s action would end everything. A few drops of desperation.”
~Winston Churchill (Quotes on Bipolar)
So the last week was pretty good, but still a bit up & down. It started off strong, then dipped the last half. Though, I feel like I don’t remember much of last week. I do know that I kept up with my exercise & Weight Watchers, & some housework even when I felt down, or had a binge one day. I am very proud of that. Not to mention updating this blog:~) I’ve been cranky today & am pushing myself to write this. Also, I only slept about four or five hours last night, so I’m really tired.
With that I think I’ll get to the bullets point review.
- Self-care: Had two showers this week.
- More regular physical activity, & getting outside. Walking, jogging, tennis, weights, I exercised six days this week. More important, I gave myself a guilt free day off when my mood & energy were flagging. I picked it back up the next day, when I had planned a rest day. Good to know when I’m feeling low I can cut myself some slack & get right back to work. Typically those are the days that throw everything out of whack.
- Continue to make better choices in regards to what I eat. I had some caffeine this week, & it’s been okay. Not daily, or excessively. Same for sweets. Except… Saturday. Had a cookie binge on Saturday. I blogged about it that night. I counted my points & thankfully had plenty of weekly points to absorb the binge. I think it had a lot to do with how low I felt that day.
- Be more active around the house. I have a room scheduled each day through the week, & garbage duty on Sunday. I’ve also started cleaning up in the kitchen after dinner & making sure all the dishes are done before I go to bed. I flubbed my room cleaning a couple of days, but I did keep up with the kitchen & dishes. Pleased with that.
- Visit another friend this week. I did not pay any visits this week, or make any phone calls. I did call about my student loans though, finally, which is a really good thing.
- Get back on my stated posting schedule. I got Monday’s post out on Tuesday & it’s been a mixed bag the rest of the week. Most of them have gone out late that day, & I actually did write & schedule Sunday’s a few days in advance.
- Test out my mood calendar idea. It’s sitting right beside me, but I only did it one day, lol.
For the next week:
- Self-care: Get my two showers in. Continue to be kind to myself.
- Keep up my activity schedule. Five to six days of thirty minutes of activity is good. Getting outside to do it has to be good for me as well.
- Get more sleep. Continue going to bed earlier this week, even if I still don’t get to sleep until much later.
- Go to tennis class. I also have my Weight Watchers meeting & my NAMI meeting this week. Three public outings, however shall I survive? I’m not planning anything else.
- Try to get all my rooms done this week. And keep up with the dishes & after dinner clean-up.
- Keep blogging.
- Try a little harder to do the mood calendar. I think it could be useful.
- Crochet. I’ve finally gotten back into it, so I need to keep it up. It tends to be a far more useful & peaceful habit than surfing the web, lol.
Okay, that’s it for me. I’m out. G’night!