“I’ve decided that perhaps I’m bulimic and just keep forgetting to purge.”
~Paula Poundstone (Quote Garden)
Got home tonight, & decided to make a brief post before I die, just to get my blogging juices flowing since I didn’t post all weekend – & I’m trying to be more posty.
- I have returned home ill. Went running, jacketless, in 30something degree weather. Came back with purple fingers. Now have a sore throat, headache, body aches, & an ever so slight fever. I probably won’t die, but I always like to be prepared just in case.
- I did exercise over the weekend, hurray!
- I also ate my way through the weekend>_< I had delicious cupcakes piled high with icing. It’s possibly my illness is actually withdrawal. I also had chili, Thai, dim sum, pizza, & a seafood. It was all good, except the seafood – which was the big birthday dinner. We drove an hour to go to the this locally beloved seafood restaurant, & ended up with poor service & mediocre food. Steaks were undercooked & fatty. Shrimp Scampi tasted old. And worst of all – they served fried pickles with honey mustard. WTH?? The ranch dressing we requested never arrived. We finally got some with our salads. Oh yeah, & the only dressing choices they had were Ranch & Thousand Islands. I didn’t eat much of my salad. Not a big loss, since it was pretty much a big bowl of useless iceberg lettuce. When I’m spending $18 on a dinner, I don’t expect to utter the words, “McDonald’s side salad on the dollar menu is better”. But the Creole Boiled Shrimp was good. Too bad by the time I had them peeled, everyone else was done eating, lol. And I heard the cornbread was good, but I didn’t have any. I did have the turnip greens & they were good.
- Cupcakes. Did I mention the cupcakes? Actually, did I mention the icing with a little cake underneath it? I feel twitchy just thinking about it. It’s 11pm here & I want to jump in my car & drive half an hour to find a bakery selling cupcakes at this hour (actually any bakery is a half hour a way).
- I ate so much if I don’t gain this week at Weight Watchers I’ll know their scales are broken.
- Today wasn’t bad though. Had Thai for lunch & then soup for dinner.
- Considering the weekend’s eatings, made today day 1 of my #7daychip. Binge-free day #1 was a success.
- While I was in the city, I did some shopping. Bought magnetic nesting measuring cups & spoons, one of those plastic lettuce knives, a doodad that cores & slices your apple in one move, a food scale, & a stepper with toning bands. Oh yeah, & some clothes. I got some jeans & a super cute fuchsia pink eyelet top from a thrift store, & three extra roomy t-shirts on clearance for $3 each. (Exercising in the park you get the drive-by peepshow guys. Since I’ve been running, even wearing two bras, I need sacks to cover it all up.)
- Also got Daddy his goody box tonight & informed him what he can do with his snacks.
- Didn’t make it back in time for Zumba tonight. Boo! If I start going to the Thursday night Zumba after WW, that means no more #wwchat.
- Another friend signed up for Brad’s running program. We talked about it at dinner Saturday night & she signed up on Sunday. Yay!
- Decided to do my first running event. It’s a virtual run for Christchurch. I haven’t officially signed up yet, but I’ll post more about it when I do.
Okay, I guess that’s about it. The main points are ate sooooo much over the weekend & OMGCUPCAKES!