The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
Oprah Winfrey (Brainy Quote)
Today is my birthday. I had another post planned, but decided to go with something more appropriate to the occasion.
What did I accomplish in the last year of my life?
- I ran a mile for the first time in my life
- I ran a 5K
- I reconnected with an old friend & actually began having a social life for the first time since I moved home.
- I started dating again & now have a wonderful boyfriend who treats me like I’m the best thing since sliced bread
- I signed up with vocational rehab to begin the process of returning to work
- My dad got his social security so I am now free to move (when I get my finances back in order & some money saved)
- My med regimen, & all the work I have put into myself & running/exercise have me feeling really positive about the future for the first time in a loooong time
- My kitty cat GJ decided to come live with me & he is the best, sweetest fur baby ever
- Embracing HAES & stopping let numbers on a scale be my marker of success has been a huge boon to my activity levels & self-esteem, incl following fat/size acceptance blogs on tumblr. When you can see your own body type represented as beautiful & lovable & sexy, it does wonders for how you see yourself.
I would take any one of those things & feel blessed, but to have all of them is amazing. I have worked hard, moved out of my comfort zone on a lot of things, & am really seeing big changes in myself & my life. It’s a good feeling to move forward from a years long depressive rut. And I can’t say all of that without recognizing the outstanding people in my life who have been so supportive & helped make all of this possible!
I can’t wait to see what the next year brings! Happy birthday to me 😀